In case you’ve missed them, there are some great docs currently streaming on Netflix that might change the way you look at food. We’ve ranked the top five.
1. Forks Over Knives – a look at the history of heart disease and the effects of a plant based diet in improving the lives of people all over the world. The research doesn’t lie and this doc lays it out as plainly and clearly as possible without subjecting you to too many horrific photos of animals in slaughterhouses. It’s well worth a watch and incidentally, they have an App for that.
2. Food, Inc. This probably lays out the best reason to count more on vegetables than meat for your future diet. It does not pull punches where factory farming is concerned so be warned. It is the kind of film that will change your life if you take the time to watch it. They have launched an entire movement online as well, putting their money where their mouth is.
3. Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead – a look at two men whose bodies have been ravaged by their poor choices. This lays out the best way they found towards getting healthy.
4. Vegucated – this doc follows several meat and cheese loving New Yorkers who adopt a vegan diet to see if it will improve their health.
5. Farmageddon – a doc about how big corporate farming discourages smaller farms from growing and producing foods. A must-watch doc to see how food is distributed in this country and globally.
Those are just a few suggestions. Netflix is full of great documentaries both on diet and health. Enjoy!